Today starts the day of my 30 x 30 genealogy challenge of researching 30 minutes a day for 30 days. This concept belongs to Jane Adams of Organize Your Family History.
For my 30 x 30 challenge to be successful, I had to come up with some goals and ideas of lines I wanted to research.
Here are a couple of my goals:
- submit my application to the Daughters of Union Veterans.
- submit my application to National Society Daughters of the Union.
- gather the proof for my Associated Daughters of Early American Witches
- Work on my additional information required request for a supplemental patriot.
Some of my research questions I would like to answer:
- When and where did Benjamin Nurse (father of Elizabeth Nurse who was married to Joseph Da(r)by) die?
- When did Neils Osborne arrive in the United States? Where in Norway was he from?
- When did the wife of Neils Osborne, Bergetti Netland arrive in the United States? Where in Norway was she from?
- When and where did Sarah Knowlton marry Obadiah Coolidge?
- Where might I find the will for Benjamin Knowlton who died in 1808 be?
So there is just the tip of the iceberg. It ought to be an interesting month. Working on lineage applications gives me a tangible goal and I feel like I should know how to fill out each one out there.
I am going to try to report in on progress as I make some. These are all pressing questions and involve different lines for me and they may even involve me taking this tree sideways in some points.
Here is to a profitable November in finding information.