Yes I am still 2 weeks behind but that is okay. I gave this one a lot of thought and there were so many people I wanted to eat with.
- Sarah Larkin Beardsley – I would love to know her thoughts on Medical School in the 1880s.
- My Grandpa Tony – What was like like coming to America in 1920?
- Bezaleel Wood – What was it like to fight in the American Revolution?
- Rebecca Towne Nurse – What was it like to be tried for Witchcraft in Salem?
- Obadiah Coolidge – why oh why can’t find any record of you except in your Daughter Hannah’s will.
Then there are my husband’s relatives I would love to eat dinner with:
- Henry Bass – why can’t I find you between 1942 and the mention of you in Robert Bass’ obituary in 1979. Why did you leave North Carolina and apparently never return? What drove you away?
- Robert Bass – why did you never have any contact with your daughter again after your annulment in 1946?
- To all those Irish ancestors why did you name your children all the same names?
- To Neils and Bergetti Osborne why can’t I find you on a passenger list coming to NY?
But the person I would love to have dinner with the most is my Grandpa. Earl Elmer Witherwax. I would ask for him to tell me all the stories and family history, he had shared with me and I would take notes. He was a master story teller and not a day goes by that I don’t miss you and Grandma. So that is who I would like to eat dinner with.