The new year is a new beginning, a fresh start if you will. 2017 was probably one of my most trying years as a human. I am ready to begin a new year with a fresh outlook. I am beginning the new year with a no-kids trip to Florida with my husband, courtesy of a wonderful sister and brother-in-law who will be tending to my house and children.
Gerard and I are taking this opportunity to recharge our minds and souls. For me, I have so many hopes and dreams for 2018 for the purpose here I promise not to bother you with non-genealogical goals. So here we go with a few of the things I would love to accomplish this year.
- Present a Genealogy Workshop or two – presenting best practices and how to get started. This requires finding a place to have such a workshop.
- File a DAR supplemental application on David Weatherwax, who will be a new patriot for the DAR, I have a couple of loose ends to complete. Things that I don’t believe are quite right.
- Put together a research plan for finding what happened to my husband’s great-grandfather, Henry Morrissey Bass after 1942 and before 1979.
- Work on learning Roots Magic and Evidentia softwares.
- Utilize Timelines when researching for a cohesive flow.
- Begin taking on research projects.
- Continue acquiring knowledge through reading, classes, institutes and webinars.
So there are a few of my goals for 2018, I know I can do a few of these things rather easily. I found taking the Boston University Certificate in Genealogy was a great motivator for education and I enjoyed it immensely. I am excited to receive my final grade and continue what I learned in the class.
I wish you all a very happy New Year. If you have a topic you would like to address leave a comment and I will see what I can do.